Wednesday, January 26, 2022

NIGHTTIME

(N) o one
( I ) s
(G) oing
(H) ome
(T) onight
(T) ime
( I ) s
(M) easured
(E) xponentially

NIGHTTIME brings on, 
desire to relax.
Alas can't do, 
that's a fact.

Mind won't cooperate, 
regardless of pace.
I just don't,
have enough space.

The world again, 
out of sync.
Is another war, 
on the brink?

Why is it, 
mankind always bickering?
And in background, 
others are snickering?

And if ask, 
say desire peace.
Yet weapons supply, 
they do increase.

Bullies with power,  
today do rule.
As in past, 
are so cruel.

What's wrong with, 
helping the weak.
Feeding the poor, 
so hunger defeat.

"Us" against "them", 
as conveniently defined.
No thought of, 
simply being kind.

The  "selfie"  is, 
used by plenty.
About the "I", 
not the "many".

Could keep going, 
better I don't.
Or won't be, 
sleeping any tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment